Our client are seeking an experienced Payroll Assistant to join them in their office based in Truro, Cornwall - it is to join a fast-paced Chartered Accountancy and it is permanent and full-time basis. Interviews are available immediately.
What you'll be doing
• Using SAGE payroll to process weekly, monthly and quarterly payroll runs, for clients
• Administering Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) and Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP) schemes and maintaining all required data
• Processing starters and leavers under RTI regulations
• Completing various forms required by HMRC
• Processing year end procedures following RTI regulations and producing P60s for employees
• Administering Auto Enrolment procedures
• Administering attachment of earnings orders and advising clients of the payments due to the relevant authority
• Providing advice to clients in relation to pay, taxation and National Insurance issues
• Resolving queries and keeping the Payroll Manager briefed on any significant client issues or unresolved matters.